_

_

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2015 Blog Resurrection

Hi everyone!

It has been a very long time since I have last written a blog post, but I am here now, and back in action! I will be posting race reports and training/life updates moving forwards. Now that I have written that down, I am accountable for my actions.

Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at the new Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre  (TPASC) for encouraging me to start blogging again, because it makes me feel very special to know that there are people who read my posts and look for them. I am truly humbled.

I just got back from a cycling-focused training camp near Santa Monica, California a week ago, and despite feeling beat up and tired this week, I am feeling quite fit for this point in the season and I am looking forward to racing soon!

On another note, this may come as a bit of a surprise and complete 180 for those of you who thought that I had already moved out to Victoria, but I now plan to pursue my PhD in Medical Science at U of T starting in September of this year, so hopefully, if all goes well, I will find out definitively within the next few weeks. I had my interview on Friday:). More on that later, if it all comes into fruition...;)

Next weekend I'll be racing at McMaster University at the Indoor Triathlon put on by Personal Best and Barrie Shepley. I have never done it before, but I will have a hard training week this week, and it'll be good to get my feet wet again in racing in a fun environment. Then I fly to Florida on the 4th of March to race my first Pan American Circuit race of the year on the 7th!

I am very excited to continue working with Beet It America this season, and to have GU as my nutrition sponsor this year as well. Caramel Macchiato and Root Beer flavoured gels?!?! What?!?! You MUST try them-even if you are not so much a fan of endurance sport:)

I'll start with that as my first post back, and leave you with my favourite descent and stunning view from Mount Baldy on my recent trip to California. We took a moment for a photo op on the descent down Glendora Mountain Ridge. That's Dr. Don MacDonald on the right-a truly exceptional person & doctor.



Thanks for reading!

-Leanna



No comments:

Post a Comment